Monday, July 3, 2017

July 3, 2017: Week of Crazies!

Greetings unto all,

My beloved brothers and sister, and friends and family.... and parents... collegues... fellow ward members,

This was a great week here in Valença. I am loving it here. We have done a lot of good work. We have gone on splits with the young men in the group to be able to visit more people and get to know their friends. SO the work is going really well!

So this week I have learned of my new talent that I have.... For some reason all the crazy people like me in this city. Crazy in terms of literally mad.... like they can´t function as a normal citizen. hahaha They don´t really have places for those people. So they generally wander around on the road. haha So they all stopped me and kissed my hand and conversed with me about different things. Really strange. But it was funny. It is some good entertainment throughout the week. 

Got the Elders to make French Toast. They thought it was too much sugar!

So we had some good progress with Ednaldo and Mayana. They are loving our visits and they visited the church on sunday!!! Everything went well and they were really impressed with how different our church is than all other churches. They said they really felt different. The funny thing is that a mess up happened while the other elders were preparing the sacrament and they FORGOT to put the water in the little cups in the tray. hahahah So when they went to bless the sacrament they had to grab a cup of water to fill it up quickly. It was a little embarrassing. haha But it´s all good. Everything worked out. 

We have talked more about baptism with Ednaldo and Mayana and they committed to be baptized on the 15th of July. They are a little worried though. Ednaldo humbly told us that he loves our visit but Mayana and him were talking about tithing. He said that he has a lot of debts and things to pay off and at the moment they are barely making it. So he said they wouldn´t be able to pay tithing. I wasn´t sure what to say. But I bore my testimony that God will pour down blessings upon us as we faithfully keep the commandments and I invited them to pray for guidance and help. SO pray for them! Hopefully all will work out and they will be baptized on the 15th. 

Anyways that pretty much sums up the week for me! I love you all!! Have an amazing peaceful week.

Love,
Elder Davis