Tuesday, July 18, 2017

July 17, 2017: Take some jelly, take some fish, put it in a sandwich deeelish.

HELLO Everyone!

This was quite the week! It was pretty crazy and went by super fast. So on Monday, I visited one of my old areas, Ilheus.  It was super awesome. I love those people there. So that was cool. Then Monday night we went to Itabuna for a Zone Conference. We bought some pizza that night and I met up with Elder Castlemain again. We all slept in the same house and just stayed up talking forever. haha It was a good time. 



On Tuesday we had the zone conference. It was really good. We received a lot of good training. It was pretty long though. It went from 8-3! haha We lost our bus and the only other bus to Valença was at 11:00 pm. SO we had to wait a while and we weren´t able to work that day which was a bummer. 

Then Wednesday and Thursday were pretty normal. We had some good lessons. We talked to Ednaldo and Mayana more about Baptism and what it is and they committed to be baptized this Saturday. We have planned it to be at 5:00 pm. So that will be awesome!



ON Friday we had to go up to Guaibim (the beach place) to clean everything up and get things ready for the baptism of two little girls. (They are from the other area) So we were up there all day. When we came back we took a shower and visited Ednaldo and Mayana. We taught them about Prophets and Thomas S Monson. We invited them to check out the church site and watch the videos that they have on it. 


THEN on Saturday, we went up to Guaibim again. haha Because it was the baptism. It was pretty cool. It was very different having the baptism in the ocean. It was pretty crazy and wasn´t as spiritual. But it was still fun. Then we ate lunch their and played around a little on the beach. Unfortunately, after lunch when we went out there, it was really hot and I didn´t want to stay out there. But I put my feet in the water to cool them...AND RIGHT WHEN I TOUCHED THE WATER, my foot started to sting really bad. I thought that I had been cut by something and the salt water was just stinging me. SO I jumped out of the water and saw a Jellyfish wrapped around my foot!!! I got my foot out and it was hurting sooooo bad. SO I walked back to the member´s house. I told one of the guys there about the jellyfish and he told me to hurry into the bathroom to pee on my foot and scrub it with my hand! 

My foot after being stung by a Jellyfish:)
I DIDN'T HAVE ANY OTHER OPTIONS GUYS.... So yeah. I peed on my foot. It was a blast. It still hurt though. SO I just layed down and slept for a little bit. When I woke up it was much better. I sent I picture of it when I woke up. But, before peeing on it, it was a lot more swollen. hahaha It was quite the experience. 

Did a quick drawing for Pday!
Sunday was also good. Ednaldo and Mayana came again. After the meeting, I went to chat with them. They told me they had to tell me something... So it turns out that Mayana went to look on the church site and a bunch of anti mormon stuff popped up. So they read quite a bit of stuff and have a lot of questions. But it is good that they came to us first. So we will go there tomorrow to talk to them about it all. She said that she won´t give up though. She just is a little confused. So pray for them that everything may go according to the Lord´s plan. I know the Lord is guiding this work and I think it is so incredible that He uses such imperfect servants to perform this Work. I am so thankful that He has Perfect Patience for each one of us and is always there to help us out. I love you all! Don´t forget to Remember him in your day-to-day lives! 

Love,
Elder Davis