Tuesday, September 26, 2017

September 25, 2017: UHHH...I can't think of a funny subject line

Ola!!! BOM DIA!!!

TUDO BEM?

How is everyone doing? This week was great. Like always. It was pretty busy though. We had to organize and travel to the zone conference this week. IT was combined with the Zona Ilheus so we went over there for the meeting. IT was like an hour bus ride from Itabuna. 
"The road of the Mormons." It´s the road of the chapel. So the city hall named it Road of the Mormons. hahahaha or Mormon road.
Let´s see so P day was really fun. My companion has Risk. So we just relaxed and played some HardCore risk with some other elders. 

You guys know what is pretty funny? I always start my letters with how p day was with the intention of relating my weekly experience day by day. BUT then I get a little lazy and forget which day was what and who we taught each day. It all blends together... lol

But, while I was talking to you guys about that, I remembered something cool that happened on Tuesday. We visited a referral from a member. It was his brother in law. SO we taught him with the member at the member's house. Because the house that his brother in law was staying at had 24 dogs..... I have never heard so many dogs bark at one time. It was crazy. So we just picked him up and taught him at the member´s house. We taught him the first lesson and it went very well. The spirit was strong and he accepted to be baptized the 30th of September. He had already gone to church two other times before we taught him. We just couldn't get a hold of him to visit him. So I am very excited for that. 

We had the zone conference on Thursday... it went well. haha It was fun and we got to give a training on how to teach the Plan of Salvation. It went well! 

I got to see Elder Vander Werff again this week and we went and took pictures by a big Ilheus sign. Uhhh.... we ate food, slept, did fun stuff.

Elder Vander Werff and me.
Elder Gomes and me.

I have been studying a lot of old general conference talks in anticipation for the GC coming up. I read an awesome talk by President Thomas S. Monson. It is call Love- The Essence of the Gospel. It talks about the importance of Love and that we should show unfeigned love for other! I tied this in with some other studying I did and learned how I can be a better leader! BY showing this love. But, I don´t need to be a leader to be able to do this. I can share my love every day with all those around me. THAT is what Chirst did. That is what brings true and complete joy. Another cool part is when he said that it is interesting that many times we fight, argue, and irritate those that we love most. When we should truly love them more than anyone else!

 I did a dobby sculpt for a member. She is like my Brazillian mom. She keeps me fed and helps us with whatever we need. She wanted a Dobby done out of Biscuit (a type of clay) and a hulk...
I told her I can help her out:)


The rest of the week was good too... hahaha.  We have had some humbling experiences by how the Lord is directing us in this work. We had a great spiritual experience this week. Our appointments fell though and we were unsure of where to go. We prayed to our Heavenly Father and asked for direction. We asked to be led to someone who needs our help and our messages. After, the prayer we both felt that we needed to go to visit an investigator. While we headed towards her house, we ran into an excommunicated member that we are teaching. She talked to us and we marked a new lesson to visit her. Then farther down the road we were talking about the ward and the growth thereof. She told us that she needed us to visit her friend because her and her family are all inactive and are going to other churches. She told us that her friend was really needing a visit. Then, all the sudden she stopped and said, "Oh, she´s right there!" Her friend was right across the street. We marked a visit with her as well. It was a very cool experience. We knew instantly that God had answered our prayers. 

WHELP, I LOVE YOU ALL. Have a great week and show your love to those around you. Especially those you love most.

Love,
Elder Davis