Tuesday, October 3, 2017

October 2, 2017: Conference and Baptisms!

HELLLOOO everyone!

This was an amazingly awesome week. It was very busy. We did splits with a few elders.

SO Monday night we had a bible bash.... The guy talked to us about what we believe and is interested. He just doesn´t like the idea that we say we are the only true church. Because he feels like he has had spiritual experiences in his church too. Which is normal, because he is dealing with God. Of course he can feel the Spirit and everything. BUT, what he didn´t understand was the fact that the Preisthood was restored! But it´s all good. We are going to visit him one last time tonight to see how it goes. 


Tuesday we did splits with the Elders from Itabuna Centro. It went well. I went to their area to help teach a guy that was baptized this Saturday

Wednesday we did splits with Buerarema and went to their area to help them out. It also went well. It is a very small town though. So I am glad I am not serving there. 


Thursday we were going to do splits with some other elders but they cancelled on us. Bummer. But we worked hard and our District Leader did the baptismal interview for Rafael. He passed just fine and at the closing prayer he prayed that he could be baptized and that his baptism could be the best day ever. AND it was.  hahaha


Friday we finished some things up and I went and did the baptismal interview for Itabuna Centro. It was really cool. The spirit was very strong and I could tell that the man really had a testimony about what was taught. 

SATURDAY was awesome. I Loved General Conference. It was super awesome. I learned a whole ton. After the 5:00 session we had the baptism of the two guys. Rafael and the Gilberto (from Itabuna Centro). It was very cool. Very spiritual. 

The person taking this picture did not know how to center the camera haha
Sunday was also good. basically we just listened to conference. But like I said I loved it. I think my favorite talk was Elder Holland´s. I loved when he said that we are all debtors sentenced to prison but because of Our King, we may be saved. Very true. I also loved the talk about miracles and the one about oneness!!! It was very awesome. STUDY those talks! There is a lot of important things in there. ALSO, the Book of Mormon vs critics talk was awesome. It was like a giant bible bash.... just with nobody on the opposing side. Still cool though.


Anyways, that was my week everyone! I love you all! Have a merry week!

Love,
Elder Davis