Monday, October 16, 2017

October 16, 2017: The Hot Sun of the Cold City Conquista

This was a super awesome week here in Conquista!

We worked super hard. We are opening up a new area because the ward boundaries were changed. SO we are starting from ZERO. haha. Our new area is like 45- 60 minutes walking. We have been going there everyday and have been knocking on A TON of doors. It was so great. It was refreshing to get rejected by people. haha Generally, in other areas, EVERYONE accepts a visit from the missionaries, but they don´t have the desire to read, pray, go to church, etc. They are all comfortable where they are at. SO here is different. We knock and knock and knock and everyone is busy or isn´t interested. haha 

Paintball wounds:)
So we worked SUPER hard this week to find interested people. I don´t think I have ever worked so hard in my whole mission. Every day, we arrived at home exhausted. It was a great feeling. I don´t know why but it was a really great experience for me. I learned a lot and became a better missionary because of this. It was like the Refiner´s Fire. 

I also got more tan!!! haha SO I am getting even darker! (YES) 


I don´t have too much to relate to you guys. We just walked a ton. BUT, we had a couple great lessons. I loved it. I told you guys last week about Jacó that accepted to be baptized. Well, I guess his mom and sister told him that he can´t. So he told us he won´t be accepting any more visits. IT was pretty sad. But we talked to him. We told him the importance of the Spirit that he felt and tried our best to help him. I really was sad that he stopped accepting our visits. I felt like that night I saw him through God´s perspective and I wanted to do everything possible to help him receive his Salvation. He told us that he would make a visit at the church. Hopefully he does! Great guy.

But, we have found some other great investigators and have many lessons marked for this week! It´s gonna be awesome!


I finished the Book of Mormon this week. AND like the mission president´s wife said, I wrote "Start again" right next to "The End" hahah! So I started the Book of Mormon again. I think this will be my fourth time reading it. I really like the first chapter. I really loved reading about the determination of Lehi. He was in a tough situation. The Lord showed him everything that would happen. He knew that Jerusalem would be destroyed and that the people would not listen to him. Yet, he left the comforts of his house and preached repentance to the people. He did his part. He tried as hard as he could even though the people wanted to kill him. I think that Nephi must have learned a lot from his father´s example. Nephi then states that when we are dilligent (Like his father) The Lord shows forth his tender mercies. AND by the power of deliverance, makes us become strong. For, without the Lord we are weak, imperfect, hopeless beings. I love the contrast of a life with Christ to one without. HE gives us Hope, Light, and Life. I hope that we can all be like Lehi and fulfill the tasks given to us, even though they may seem impossible and like Lehi, keep our heads up, even if there isn´t any physical, visual results from our efforts. The Lord knows! I love you all! Have an amazing week!

Love, Elder Davis

PS We went Paintballing this morning. It was awesome. hahaha I played pretty well. We had a fun time. LOVE YOU ALL!