Monday, October 9, 2017

October 9, 2017: SURPRISE! I was transferred!

SURPRISE everyone! I was transferred... 

I am now in the fair town (huge city) of Vitoria da Conquista (Victory of the Conquest)

It is super cool here. BUT because of this transfer the week was pretty nuts......

I am going to miss Elder Gomes!

To start off on Monday night we went to the Mission Council. We got there on Tuesday and spent the whole day there meeting with the other ZL's and the President. It went very well. At the end of the trainings, I was talking to my companion Elder Gomes and President told me that I was being transferred to Conquista to be ZL with Elder Loureiro. Kinda sad but it's all good.


Also, later that night, we went to the mission office and I said goodbye to Elder Jenkins and Elder Prado . They finished their mission (Elder High finished too but I didn't see him). They actually had stayed another transfer but because of the visa they had to go home 4 weeks into the transfer. So it was necessary to have some emergency transfers to figure everything out. Elder High was in conquista in my place, but he left so I went there!

It is complicated. BUT it was sad to see them go. I love those guys!

My new comp Elder Loureiro!
The rest of the week was just packing and traveling. 

I got to Conquista late at night on Thursday. We ate pizza and I started unpacking.
The rest of the week we taught some lessons and participated in the Helping Hands event at the hospital. We had to sing in front of everyone.... it was very bad. haahha But I guess we are on TV! So that's pretty cool. The ward is super awesome here. They are all very excited and have been giving us many referrals. So I am very excited to work here!


But, that was basically the week. We taught a few people and had some other cool experiences too!
One cool experience on Sunday, we had a great experience with verifications this week. We were searching for many less active members. The addresses were all wrong and nothing was working out. But, we kept going, trying our hardest to preach the gospel. We were led by the spirit and contacted one of the member´s neighbors. We entered his house and taught him the first lesson. The spirit was very strong and we committed him to baptism on the 21st. 
I finished the Hulk:)
To finish up I had a cool spiritual thought while I was reading the book of Ether and thought I would share it with you all. They said that the boats were tight like a dish. I related it to us. That we must be firm in Christ. We must be 'tight like a dish' with the LIGHT of Christ inside of us. To keep the darkness out and the cold waves of temptation from taking us over. It is very important for us to have a sure foundation in Christ. Like it is stated in Helaman 5:12. Like the church leaders said, we need to keep the doctrine of Christ PURE and have a firm testimony of these things. So that was a cool little connection I had this week. hahah 

I hope you all have a 'tight' week! hahha

Love-
Elder Davis