Monday, September 4, 2017

September 4, 2017: Transfers (WHAAAA HOOOOO)

Bom dia meus queridos!!

How is everyone doing?? Whelp. I love you all. haha

SO as you probably divined through the subject line, the transfers came through!!! YEAHHH So my companion is leaving and going to Livramento. He is staying another 4 weeks on the mission. It is complicated to explain. But yeah so he is going there to finish his mission. My new companion is Elder Gomes! He arrived with me in the field. He is brazillian so He arrivied in the CTM 4 weeks after us Americans. But we went to Salvador at the same time. He is a great guy! I love that Elder! haha He is a great worker and we are good friends. I am very very excited for this transfer. It will be baller!

Brazilian Ants!


SO this week was great! Elder Jenkins left Tuesday morning. Bummer. That was sad. I love that guy. He is a great elder and a great friend. So he left and the last week was pretty normal. We had some great lessons and found some new investigators. One of them wants to be baptized already and has been to church 2 times! Before we even taught her! hahaha So we are going to baptize her very soon. We will meet with her tomorrow! That will be great. 

Elder Jenkins and me.
Also, I hit a year on the mission this week! That was fun! I just worked and had some great lessons and had Açai! Which, is super super good. It is like ice cream kind of... It is a fruit that is from Brasil. Anyways, I didn´t burn a shirt...... yet. But, Elder Gomes hits a year in a couple weeks so we will burn one then! It should still count. haha
My companion said goodbye to the members and they had a family night thingy for him. It was great! There was a lot of good food. haha 

Funny story for the week. We were at the testimony meeting yesterday. One old man went to the stand with a plastic bag full of a Book of Mormon and Bible. He starting talking and said "I can't go to a church like this anymore. When I can't be here and find a wife at the same time I won't go. I was told I cant flirt anymore with the young women. But, I have the right to look for a wife. I'm single and lonely. Yes. I flirted with the young women. Yes, I asked every single one to marry me. And for that I ask forgiveness. But they were all at least 20, so it was legal to do what I did...." He went on talking for like 5 minutes... hahaha It was really weird to hear that during the meeting. And very funny at the moment. But unfortunately the man doesn't want to go to church anymore because of the way the bishop talked with him and treated him for flirting with the girls. So we will visit him and help him come back to church. But, I guess that is a perfect example that the people aren't true but the church is. We are working to help the bishop too. He has had some problems with other people to. haha



ANYWAYS, everything is going well! haha I am doing good and the church is growing! I was studying this week at the end of Alma. I read about Moroni and also the strippling warriors. That is probably on of my favorite parts in the book of mormon. I think it would be really cool to have an interactive website with a map of the Nephite civilization showing what happened over the course of the Book of Mormon, while citing scriptures to follow along with it. In addition, there is a lot of great lessons to learn from these stories. I love the part where the strippling warriors stated "We do not doubt our mothers knew it" This is a perfect example of how our testimonies are great strengths to other people. I know that my parents testimonies of the gospel have helped, and continue to help me in all the trials that I pass through. We shouldn't ever be afriad to bear our testimonies and love to others. For, it is our duty to preach the gospel to all! That is through our testimonies and love for others! I love you all and have an amazing week!!

Love,
Elder Davis