Tuesday, September 19, 2017

September 18, 2017: Business Trip

Wellllllll... greetings my fellow brothers and sisters,

This was a great week! It was full of travelling though. Pretty rough. I am wayyyy too tall to fit in the busses.
One of the bus rides, I was sitting in the very back seat and one lady threw up 5 times in the bathroom.  Which, was right next to my seat.  Heard it all!

 Lasagna that a member made...BEST LASAGNA IN MY LIFE.... sorry Mom!
Let´s see.... so the first half of the week we went to the mission council. Which, was great. Loved it. Super tiring though. Then we worked as hard as possible for two days. And we had a zone meeting. SO we shared a training that we came up with and we made goals with the zone to get better. It went really well. We talked about the Title of Liberty and we did our own... on a piece of paper.

In Valença we made stroganoff for lunch. We took a pic and Elder R Santos didnt want to put a shirt on so he just covered up the symbols on the garments.. hahahaha
Then, Thursday night, I went to Valença to do the baptismal interviews for the DL. IT was great. I miss that town and all the people there. It was a great time though. I got to see Elder Vander Werff again. Love that guy. He arrived with me on the mission. We were in the same district in the CTM. So he is like my brother. AND he lives in Orem, Utah. SO we will definitely hang after the mission. UMM also we visited Ednaldo and Mayana (my recent converts from Valença). It was great. I love those guys. Unfortunately that night.... I missed my bus so I had to leave Saturday morning at 11. Which complicated all of our appointments on Saturday. We even missed a service project marked that day. So we have to make it up to the members. BUT its all good.

Elder De Melo and I. We served together in Valença and that was probably the last time I will see him. He is finishing his mission.
My fingers are tired...
Our Zone is doing well. This week I travelled to Valença to perform a baptismal interview for Elder Vander Werff. Things seem to be going well in Valença.
We held a Zone meeting on Wednesday and focused on Our Purpose as missionaries and the importance of contacts. We made goals with the zone to become more obedient to the rules of the mission and we showed the promised blessings if they do so. We need to follow-up better on this idea though. If we fail to follow-up, the Elders will quickly forget what we taught them. The Zone is excited though. 
Our area is great. We are starting to work with the members and have marked many splits to perform this week. However, this week was difficult to reach our goals and the desired results because of the travelling. This upcoming week will be much better though.
I am getting along great with Elder Gomes. We work together as a team and constantly feel the Spirit testifying through us. It is a great time to be able to perfect our work and dilligence as missionaries.

We had the opportunity to be present during a miracle. In Valença, I went with the Elders to visit the family that Elder R. Santos and I had the opportunity to baptize. While we were there. They asked us to give a health blessing to their niece that was suffering from a strong fever and was unable to talk without pain. We gave her a blessing. During the blessing she was still crying and in pain. However, Elder R. Santos blessed her that her pains would immediately go away. When he closed with the name of Jesus Christ, she immediately stopped crying. Afterwards, she was smiling, laughing, and playing with the other children. It was a great testimony building experience. I know that the gift of healing is real. I could really see and imagine what Jesus Christ taught when he said, "Suffer the little children to come unto Me" It was a very peaceful moment. 
Super cool experience. haha Love Copy and Paste. ANYWAYS. I love you alll!  Hope you have a great week!!

A member had a PS2! Hunt and Dad do you remember playing this all the time in the good old days!
Love,
Elder Davis