Tuesday, May 16, 2017

May 15, 2017: BLUURB

HEY FOLKS,

Well I hope you all had some good sleep. Yesterday was great. It was a great experience to see you guys. I am glad that everyone is doing so great. 

Family Photo:)
So I don´t have much that I want to say about this week.... because of the skype. But I will do my best to update yáll. (haha the keyboard doesn´t let me type y all)

So Monday was a great day. We were able to teach a guy named Marcos. He is super busy but hopefully we will be able to teach him again. We also played some basketball with some members and their friends. It was pretty fun. They don´t really know how to play basketball... So they just foul and airball. haha But, that´s all good. They thought I was a professional basketball player. It was quite the experience. 

Throughout the week we had a lot of good work. We are working on finding new families. We found a great family that lives right next to us. Their house has a cake selling shop at the front. I went and bought a cake there (because I felt like it) and we did a contact with them and marked a visit. We visited them on Thursday and taught the first lesson. It went very very well. The people loved it. They are an elect family. We are going back to teach them tonight. Super excited. Maybe I will buy another cake too... So that family was definitely the best part of the work. It was great to see how God is supporting us here on the mission. 

So things are going better with my companion. He likes to talk with one of the Elders that lives with us. So he generally is just with the other dude. Which can be frustrating when I want to plan and stuff. But, we are getting it all worked out.  I am getting used to the food. It´s pretty normal now. It´s not the greatest food ever. But, it´s not as bad as I first thought.

So, this week I have been studying more about Joseph Smith. I had been listening to the Joseph Smith Papers Podcast. It is very amazing to learn about his life and hear more details about everything. It has really strengthened my testimony that he was a prophet of God. That he was a normal man, raised up by God to serve in this great calling. It is amazing at all the miracles that happened in his life and the life of his family.

Anyways, I love you all. Have a great week filled with spiritual experiences. 

I found a cool quote, "Spiritual Light rarely comes to those who merely sit in darkness waiting for someone to flip a switch" -Dieter F Uchtdorf

Love you guys, 
Elder Davis