Monday, January 23, 2017

January 23, 2017: Being JOYFUL in my life!

Hello all!!!

Well this has been a great week. I have learned quite a bit of things. So the hardest part this week was talking to my companion about what he needs to change to be a better missionary. He is a great friend but it was necessary to talk about these things to help our work flourish. Not sure if I spelled that right... 

Me trying out a new hairdo:)

On Monday, we played basketball... but all of the Brazillians don´t really know how to play... so it was an interesting game. haha There were a lot of fouls and travels. But it was still really great to play finally. haha

My basketball team

We had splits with the zone leaders and I talked with one of them about my situation and he helped me out. The next day I talked to my companion about everything and he was really willing to change and get better. So it turned out great for us. 

The work is going well too. We have committed one of our investigators to baptism this Saturday. His name is Rafael. He is 17 years old. He´s a really cool guy and really wants to be ready for his baptism. Because of this desire, I´m not too sure if he will be baptized this week. But pray for him!! We are going to do all we can to make that happen. 

Ilheus! (View from the other Elder's apartment)

View of the beach

I had been preparing to give a talk about reverence this week. I didn't end up giving it this week but next week I will. But it really strengthened my testimony about the power of Revelation. I was studying and was definitely led to find the material that I found. I also learned a lot about the connection between revelation and reverence. It is necessary to be reverent to be able to recieve the revelation that God has for us. Super cool.

A Joyful Sunset!

Also, lastly I was studying this morning the conference talks from last conference. I read President Nelson´s talk about Joy. I love that talk. It was really cool. He talked about how we all can have joy through focusing on Christ in our lives. It made me think about the difference between happiness and Joy. Joy basically is everlasting happiness. We can be joyful in whatever situation that comes up in our lives. Happiness is generally something that comes and goes. It is an emotion that isn´t as longlasting as joy. Nothing we can buy can give us the joy that comes from the knowledge of Jesus Christ and His Atonement. I love this gospel. I love being a missionary and being Joyful in my life! Love you all! Search for Joy in your life. "Men are that they might have Joy"

Love,
Elder Davis