Monday, January 16, 2017

January 16, 2017: A pretty "fruity" week!

Hey everyone!!!

This week was a great week! It was filled with some good stuff! haha

So we played volleyball for Pday which was really fun. Tuesday.... I honestly don't remember what happened...but we had a family night which was good. 

Me and Elder Vander Werff

Wednesday we had a Zone Conference which was really cool. I got to see Elder Vander Werff an Elder from my district in the CTM. He honestly is one of my best friends. He's a great guy. So that was awesome to be able to see him again. 

My Zone

Also, we had to go to the doctors again because my companion has warts and stuff... So that took like all day! Also, I bought a harmonica that day. So we both have harmonicas and we are starting the harmonica club. We are not accepting new members at this time. 



Thursday, we had weekly planning.. which was just wonderful. You gotta love planning. haha But honestly, it's a really important part of the work. We made a plan about how we are gonna help fix this branch. Because they have a lot of problems... haha 

Friday we went to lunch It was kinda a jungle forest place.. The lady there gave me some cacao to try. Which is the fruit that chocolate comes from. You just suck on it! It's really good.. hahah And we tried some coconut water straight from a coconut too! So this week has been pretty fruity. haha 


Cacao Fruit

On Saturday, we had a really good lunch. It was at Irmao Messias´s house. We had like a BBQ... it's just a little different than America. But it was really really good. After we went around the town with him and visited people that he knew. It was a good day. I gave a blessing for a lady in the ward. They had me do the second part of the blessing and I didn't have the missionary handbook with me to read the stuff in Portugues first. So they just told me what to say and then said to go off what the spirit says. I was pretty nervous. But I said it just fine and gave a good blessing. It was a cool experience. Because the words were just coming out without me having to think about what I was saying. I know that priesthood power is real!! 


Brazilian pizza is different than how it is in the US. They don't have tomato sauce... but it's still pretty good. 


On Sunday we talked with the branch president about how we gotta do something about reverence here and he said well, Elder Davis, why don't you give a talk on reverence next week..... hahaha So I hope that I can give a good talk next week to help with the problem. Anyways, I know this church is the one and only true church. I know it is the same church that Jesus Christ established when he was on the earth. I love the gospel! 

Love, 
Elder Davis