Monday, December 26, 2016

December 26, 2016: Merry Christmas

Oi boa tarde! 

I hope your Christmas was great! I had a great week this week. I think that my letter might be a little shorter this week because I did skype. But either way there´s some good stuff to talk about.

SO one of the biggest things that happened.... was on MondayMonday night, right before we went to sleep, me and my companion was in bed and I finally got the courage to talk to him about his problems and how he needs to change. I talked for awhile and said that he needs to be a better example for me. And that he has to think about why he is here on the mission and basically be a better missionary. I was worried he would be mad. But he just went to sleep. The next few days he changed his ways bit by bit and told me that he is going to change to be a better example for me. SO that was good! 

Really cool sunset!  Reminded me of Way of Kings a bit!
On Tuesday, we had a very very spiritual lesson. It was for our investigator Henrique. The previous appointment we left him with the commitment to read the first 16 pages of the Book of Mormon. Because the prophet promised that if we do, we will know the book is true. He hadn't read it. So, my companion looked to me to decide what to say. I paused for a bit. I was literally just talking from the promptings of the spirit. I talked about the Book of Mormon and how important it is to read it. After I said that he is invited to read the first 16 pages if he wants to. It shouldn't be just like homework for him. I told him he needs to read it with real intent. I also challenged him to start every study with a prayer. The spirit was really strong. And after my companion bore his testimony about everything too. It was really cool. After he said that he made a goal and if he keeps this goal until Friday he will be baptized. 

The next few days we taught other lessons and he wasn't home until Friday (so we werent able to visit him). Friday afternoon, we went there and talked with him. He said he will be baptized and that he wants me to baptize him. It was really cool. So then on Saturday we had the baptism and it went great. 

Baptism of Henrique

This is the same day but with the other Elders and their investigator too.


Sunday he came to church and received the Gift of the Holy Ghost. I also gave a talk in church. It went very well the spirit was strong and a few people were crying. I hadn´t even prepared anything. But, they really liked it and said it had helped them out alot. So that was my week. 

Oh, one funny story, on Thursday we had Mutual, and we played Ninja with the members after the lesson. AND, I accidentally stepped in a bag of vomit. So it was super stinky and my shoe and sock got vomit on them. Why was the bag there? I have no idea. A lot of people just put there trash in bags on the side of the road because they don't have those big trash cans. So that really sucked. But it was funny too. Anyways, that was my week! It went by really fast and was really great. Sorry my email is a little bit shorter this week, but we are having problems with the wifi. It keeps failing. haha First world problems right? 

Here we fit 6 people in the back of a tiny car. It's basically like a taxi but a smaller crappier car. Luckily I was in the front.


Anyways I hope you all can think more about Christ this week. I think a cool principle is that we show our love for Christ through our actions and through our obedience. So reflect on what you can do better in your lives to show that love you have for Christ. Love you all!! And have a great New Year!

Love, 
Elder Davis