Monday, March 26, 2018

March 24, 2018: Apagao!

HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well how are you all?

This was a great week. So for most of the week we were in a trio. Elder Gomes (the other AP) was travelling until Thursday. So it was Elder J. Barbosa (my companion), Elder Lluberes (His companion) and I. It was pretty different working in a trio. There were quite a few interuptions during the week because of it too. But, either way, we worked our hardest. 


One of the best days of the week was Wednesday. We headed to a bus stop to go to the District meeting htat was in a different part of the city. When we were in the road it started raining like crazy. Like, it started flooding in the roads and everything. So that was super crazy. We were waiting under a little overhang for the rain to stop but it never did. So once it let up a little we continued heading towards the bus stop. On the way, there were parts in the road that were sooooo flooded that to cross the road we had to just walk through a pond of water. SO instead of just our clothes being soaking wet, my shoes and socks got drenched too. that was super uncomfortable. haha Once we arrived at the bus stop, it was sooo packed with people under the overhang that there was no space. So we waited in the rain for a bus to come. After like 10 minutes of waiting we decided just to head back home. We were super cold and drenched and thought that it wasn´t worth the trouble. haha So we got home and dried all our clothes and shoes off and played a quick game of Catan while waiting for everything to dry and for the rain to stop. I won. Then we went to lunch and stuff. 


Right after lunch we were teaching a lesson and during it the power went out. Later that day we learned that the power was out in a big part of northern Brasil. I´m still not sure what caused it. But yeah it went out. So around 5ish or 6sih everything starts to get dark. We had a few lessons marked but they were in some very ghetto places and many members told us not to go there because of the blackout. So we headed home at around 7:00. When we got to our apartment, I went to grab the keychain that I always attach to my belt loop on my pants.... and I realized that I had left them on my pants that got drenched early that day. SO the keys were locked inside the apartment. Pretty funny. You just gotta laugh at moments like these. The other elders were going to break the door down, but I told them not to and we talked to the doorman and got the keymaster´s number. It was pretty cool because the whole day we had been trying to call people to no avail. BUT, when the doorman called the key guy he answered!! So he came and opened up the door in less than 15 sec and we had to pay R$80. lol. But it all worked out. At home we organized and cleaned the house and I deep-cleaned the bathroom because of the extra time that we had. Then we played another quick game of Catan. I won again. I am just so good....  and humble. hahha 
I am making a sculpture of a disney cartoon styled person...
Whenever I have time I sit down and mess with it a little bit. 
Anyways that was a pretty funny thing about this week. For p-day this morning we played Catan too, I won again. Yeah. You guys better watch out. haha Yeah but all the other days in the week we worked super hard and did a TON of contacts to find new investigators. We found a lot of new potential investigators. Hopefully some of them work out and go to church. We marked to visit with them this afternoon. SO YEAH. 

I drew a caricature of a teen in the ward. He bought me a star wars pillow and I did a caricature of him...
A fair trade:)
This week I have been studying the book of mormon about the questions that the servants of God do. It is really interesting and it is really easy to see the pattern of how we should teach others. I have made it a goal to use more meaningful questions during my teaching and I have already seen a big difference with the effect it has on my investigators. I love learning about my Savior and know that as we do, we feel peace! It is just like the song Peace in Christ quotes, "There is peace in Christ, when we learn of Him." Click here to listen to Peace in Christ

I know that studying and reading the scriptures is one of the best ways that we can learn of the Savior, and by our actions because of what we learned we can become more like Him. I love you all! Have an amazing week!

Love,
Elder Davis