Tuesday, March 20, 2018

March 19, 2018: A Poor Travelling Man of Happiness

HEY EVERYONE!!

This was probably one of the craziest weeks of my mission. But, it was great. haha I was out of my area the whole week!

So, on Monday I was told that I needed to travel to Itabuna and from there I would go to Porto Seguro to attend the Zone Conferences with President Bangerter. For this trip, we had to prepare a TON of material and cut a bunch of paper and stuff. It took hours and was quite interesting. THEN, that night, I went back and packed my suitcase for the week. We then went to the Bus Station and I headed out to Itabuna!


I arrived in Itabuna 5:30 AM and went and took a shower and changed my clothes. Then, we went straight to the Zone conference. We had a Leadership meeting at 7:00 and then the normal zone conference started. It finished about 3:00 PM. Then I went with the Zone Leaders from Itabuna and worked in the area with them. It was a good division. It was a good opportunity to help the Elders in their area. It was really cool because I was able to see Two members that are basically my brasillian parents. They are so awesome. 


That next morning I helped clean up the Elder´s house becuase it was a mess and then at 10:30 AM I left with President and Sister Bangerter to Porto Seguro. It was like a 4 hour drive. It was cool. We listened to church talks and had some good conversations. We ate lunch during the trip and got there around 2:30 PM. I then went and worked with the Elders from BaianĂ£o! My first area. It was really cool. I missed that area. It brought up some feelings of nostalgia. I saw some members. It was fun to talk to them more. Because when I was at the start of my mission I couldn´t do that as well. haha 


The next morning on Thursday we had the Zone Conference in Porto Seguro. So we woke up early and got there at 7;00 AM for the leadership meeting. Then after that I went with the Zone Leaders to their area in Eunapolis. We had to take a bus to get to their area. We ended up getting there late at night. We visited some people and then ate pizza.haha

I love SODA so much!!

Friday we worked in their area. It was fun I like both the elders. Elder lee and Elder Hilton. I accidentally put some soda in Elder Lee´s juice and then he drank it... But he doesn´t drink soda.... He had made a covenant to never drink soda again. He was going strong for 7 years.... And I kinda ruined that. lol. Felt bad about that. Technically it was on purpose, I just forgot that he didn´t drink soda. So yeah that was great. THEN, I got on my bus at 7:35 PM and travelled the whole night back to Salvador.


 I arrived 7:00 AM and went straight to the house of Santa Cruz. Took a shower there and changed clothes. Then, I went with my companion to the Open house that was happening for a Chapel that would be rededicated. So from 10-5:00 We were out in the sun doing contacts and trying to get people to go in the church and see what it´s like. I became a lobster. I got so sunburt. Totally forgot to put on sunscreen and nobody there had it. Then we got back to our area and went to work. Crazy huh? 


So yeah this week was pretty crazy. But I had a good time. There was a devotional that I listened to with President and Sister Bangerter that I really liked called "Love is not Blind" by Bruce C. Hafen. It was SUPER good. I really enjoyed it. I would recommend it to all of you. He said some really interesting stuff. 

Well, Thanks for all your letters and support. Love you all!!
Love,
Elder Davis