Wednesday, March 7, 2018

March 5, 2018: A Good Ol Week

OPA!!! TUDO BEM???

This week was pretty crazy but it was really good. I really enjoyed it. 

Visit to the Lighthouse
Things are going well here in Salvador. We had a cool little miracle. So we had a meeting with President Bangerter on Monday. We heard some crazy announcements. Elder Bednar will visit Salvador and do a transmission to the two missions. Also, President Bangeter said that I will be the one to direct the meeting.... hahaha So I am excited! At the end of the meeting, he told us that we may find an investigator that will be baptized this week or the next week, so we should give it our all. I didn´t think much of it, but we went to work! We had a great lesson marked with a teenager named Daniel. He is a great investigator and is making a lot of progress. He unfortunately wasn´t there. Which, was kinda weird. He is almost always there. So we kept walking and passed by a less active´s house. Also not there. We climbed a hill and had the impression to visit an old investigator of the previous Elder that was serving in my area. I had passed by many times but she was never home. BUT, as we passed by, HER LIGHT WAS ON! So we called her name (Maria). She came out and asked us to pass by on Tuesday. After that we started heading home because it was getting late... but I had another impression to visit a less active member. We went there and my companion reminded me that she had surgery marked for that Monday to take out some breast cancer stuff. Her husband let us in and she shared with us her experience and told how she had a dream with Christ during the surgery. It was super spiritual. 


Then Tuesday we went and visited Maria. She had already been taught everything. We revised the lessons with her and she told us that she was sad that she wasn´t able to be baptized earlier because she had been travelling. So we gave her a baptismal date for that Saturday. She accepted. We continued passing by throughout the week to ensure that she was fully prepared and ready. 

Saturday on her baptism it was crazy though. I went to a lighthouse for P-day with the other Staff Elders. It was fun. We then had a great lunch with one of the Mission Counselors. We got to our area around 3:30


The baptism was marked for 5:00. A member was going to stop by Maria´s house to go to the church with her. They lived close to one another. We waited and waited. Finally 5:30, the member shows up alone shaking her finger. She told us that Maria was locked in her house and that her mom had left with the key in the morning and still hadn´t arrived. So we ran over to her house. She was on the balcony crying because she was stuck there and wasn´t able to be baptized. We waited and called her family members various times. Finally, right when I pulled out my phone to cancel the baptism, her mom shows up in the car. She got out and unlocked the door and Maria was able to be baptized. It was pretty sweet! haha So it was awesome how all that went together. 

Baptism of Maria
This week I have been studying quite a bit about the Plan of Salvation. I think it is soooo interesting and really helps me understand better who I am and why I am here. D&C is fulll of amazing sections that talk about all that. I studied 76,130,138 and some other sections. LOVE IT. haha

Well, I love you all and hope you have the best week ever!

Love,
Elder Davis