Monday, April 9, 2018

April 9, 2018: Group email...finally...sorry mom...and everyone else...my bad


HEYLOOO

How are you all? 

Well, I didn´t really send a email last week... my bad. But, it´s all good. I just wanted you guys to miss me even more so that this email could be even better. Does that make sense? Well, last week was good. Just in case you were all wondering. I don´t really remember what happened anymore. That is when you know it was a good week. When there isn´t any bad, marking memories. haha No, but it was good. I loved general conference. That was boss. That was super spiritual and really confirmed my testimony that Russell M Nelson is a prophet of God. Not because of the changes or anything, but just because of the Spirit that I felt. BUT, the changes seem really cool too. I am excited for all that. Ministering really brings out the true essence and importance to home-teaching. So I am super excited to do that.... I basically am already doing it though... right? haha

This size bag of Doritos is SUPER rare... and expensive... and it has a different taste... it isn´t as good.... haha
So, I think I told all of you individually, but we had the transfer. I am now going to the other area inside the same ward boundaries. So now I will be with Elder Gomes (the other AP) We asked to be able to be companions because we think that it will be better for when we have meetings and need to travel to conferences. BUT, we will see. Two new elders came and will fill my old area. Their names are Elder Rallison (from Arizona) and Elder De La O (from El Salvador). So this week I have been showing Elder Rallison around the area and introducing him to all the investigators so that he can take over. I did get to work in my new area a little too.

In our new area, Elder Gomes has been teaching a lady named Sorania. She has almost been baptized for 3 weeks straight, but always something comes up. We invited her to be baptized and she accepted and bore her testimony to us. So it seems much more solid this time. So that will be exciting. The Spirit was very strong in those lessons. Especially when she bore her testimony to us and we bore ours to her. 

It was also quite fun working with Elder Rallison in my old area. He is a cool guy. We get along really well. We were teaching a lady who asked us to teach her and the lesson was going well. Then, we realized that she is kinda crazy.... hahah She was saying a lot of random stuff and told us how everyone thinks that she is crazy and she was put in a crazy hospital, but that she isn´t crazy. While she was telling us this, her aunt passed by behind her and made a crazy gesture, referring to the lady. Then the crazy lady started talking more about how everyone called her a ***** and how she isn´t a *****. hahahaha She then said really? a ***** I´m not a *****, I don´t have a problem with the *****´s but I´m not a *****. When she was saying all this I just had to bow my head into my hands to hold back from laughing. It was sooo weird. hahaha So at the end we left a Book of Mormon with her, bore our testimonies, invited her to church, and left. haha I´ll let you know if we hear from her again. 

My Zone
This week, I have studied quite a bit about the Priesthood. President Nelson talked a lot about it in his talk during the Priesthood session and I decided that I need to study more about the power which I have been blessed to hold. It was very interesting to read and study about all this. Doctrine and Covenants have a lot of good info on it! I read about how the power of Godliness is made manifest through ordinances of the priesthood. I took a while pondering about that and it took me into an even deeper study. It was super cool. I would encourage all priesthood holders and others to study about this amazing gift from God. I know this power is real and has a real influence in our lives and I hope to be able to use this power in my life to bless others. Love you all!

Love,
Elder Davis

P.S I didn´t break any other people´s covenants so I am on a roll! ;)