Thursday, March 23, 2017

March 20, 2017: Intestines!

OPA!! BELEZA??

Helllloooooo!

Hey everyone! How are you all doing? Well, my week was great! There was a few hiccups here and there but it was great.

Awesome Views!
First off,
On Monday we went and saw some awesome views. I also met another american Elder! They are pretty rare here. haha His name is Elder Hilton, he´s from Idaho and he´s a way cool guy. Anyways we went to this Christ statue. It is like the one in Rio but is a lot smaller... still cool though. I took a couple pics so I will send them to you guys. 

Christ Statue
Tuesday was also really good. Suprisingly, I don´t really remember what happened. It was good though. I do remember that I had a little debate/argument with my companion about Star Trek. He said he doesn´t like Star Trek because it´s a copy of Star Wars. BUT, any Real nerd would know that it isn´t. I guess he isn´t a real nerd. I tried to tell him why he was very wrong but, he just shut me off and walked away... frustrating. I sometimes can´t even get my opinion in with the guy. Geez haha So that happens every once in a while with him. 



Wednesday we had a district meeting that went very well. We got some good training. After, we bought some candy and taught some good lessons. This whole week we were fighting to get a baptism committment from some of our investigators. The end of the transfer is in a week and we were fighting for a baptism before then. We have 2 investigators that are completely ready for baptism, they have been taught EVERYTHING. But, they are scared to make the step.

On Thursday, we had interviews with President Bangerter. That was good. It was quick, but we learned good stuff. This time my planner was wayy good. Super Organized. EVEN color-coded. Then we had some good lessons again.

Tired Me
Friday was really good. AND a little disappointing. So President showed us this new way to teach the restoration. We draw it out for the people. It is really cool. We just hadn´t done it yet. Finally on Friday I got my companion to try it out with me. It went very well. The lady understood it all very well. Then we taught the restoration three more times to our best investigators. They understood a lot more. They finally understood the importance of the restored priesthood, and how the church of Jesus Christ is different than all the other churches. The sad part is that Felipe and Maria still didn´t accept a date for baptism. Maria is a 47 year old lady and she has been taught all the lessons. She is just scared to be baptized. I gave her the invite in different convincing forms like 5 times that day! But, she still said no. With Felipe, he plays the guitar for a different church, so he wants to be certain before he is baptized. So on Saturday we decided to fast. We have been praying a lot for them. On Sunday, Maria didn´t come to church. So she won´t be able to be baptized before the end of the transfer. It´s sad because I really was hoping to baptize her. She is the aunt of one of my favorite members here. Felipe went to church though! It was wayyyyy awesome. He loved it. This time he integrated with the members a lot better. So pray for him to receive his answer!!!

Art Class

OH!!! I got a funny story... or experience... So for lunch one day, a member made us some strange food. Rice, beans, meatballs, aannnnnnd Cow Intestines.... Yeah. It looked so weird. It kinda smelled like poop or throw up.. I don´t really know which one. It was gross. I almost threw up. But, I had to pretend that I liked it. So I just ate it with a lot of beans, rice, and tomatoes. haha

Cow Intestines!
Anyways, I love you guys!! have an amazing week. Utilize the healing power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ in your lives!!! 


Love,
Elder Davis

Sent from a crappy computer in Brasil