Friday, July 20, 2018

July 7, 2018: Bom Dia a Todos!!

Bom Dia a Todos!!!

This was a great week. As you all know, we have a new mission president. So this week we have been helping him a lot to deal with all the mission stuff. We had a meeting with him on Monday. I planned the conferences of Salvador and ImbuĂ­ with him and showed him practices of what would be taught during said conferences. He ordered Pizza Hut and it was a good day. I think he is pretty stressed. I can´t imagine what it would be like to assume a responsibility like that. He is doing well though. THey are super nice people from Idaho. He talked about how we must simplify the work and how the gospel is Simple! I really like that.  President Biddulph is pretty different than President Bangerter. They are both amazing guys though. I am learning a lot from President Biddulph and have learned so much with President Bangerter. 

President and Sister Biddulph are in the middle.
So Tuesday we had the Zone conference for the Salvador zone. It went really well. I enjoyed it. I translated for Sister Biddulph and their daughter during their testimonies. It was pretty cool. I really liked Sister Biddulph´s testimony. She said that she got her true testimony when she was 27. I already thought, "Weird, she was sealed much earlier and has been a member her whole life" She then explained that she visited Nauvoo and went to carthage jail. She explained that when she saw the drops of Joseph Smith´s blood on the wood floor she felt very strongly that he was a prophet of God. I think it is incredible how many sacrifices he went through to bring about the work of God. Yet, people still attack him and say terrible things. I know he was a prophet of God.


Wednesday was a normal work day. We had a service project in the morning at a member´s house. It was the same things as the last service project. We helped shovel a bunch of dirt and carry the buckets of dirt to a different location. This time, I didn´t bring my camera with me. 

Thursday we had another zone conference with the ImbuĂ­ zone. It was a good conference as well. This time I only translated for President Biddulph´s daughter. He is improving every day in his portuguese and I am sure that at the next conferences I won´t need to translate. President Biddulph´s wife takes a lot of pictures. She is like my aunts. hahaha So that is really great. I think she has put many pictures on Social media.


Yesterday was pretty crazy. It was the World Cup game for Brasil. EVERYTHING STOPPED. Kids didn´t go to school, nobody went to work, it was basically a holiday. During the hour of the game, we couldn´t get in to any house. Everyone was watching the game. But, we walked around  the whole time and that was a blast.... lol. Then we taught some great lessons at the end. We taught Cida, Luis, and their family again. It was really cool. She is in Alma and told us that she wants to be baptized. She explained that she has never felt that way before. She has studied with many churches and accepted visits but never felt how she feels about all this. She asked for some Book of Mormons to give to her sister and step son. SUPER COOL. She also invited us over for lunch on Sunday after church! So we will do that. I am amazed with how much this family has changed. The gospel really transforms families!




I love the mission. This really is an amazing experience. I am going to travel tomorrow night and I will return to Salvador after 16 days. That will be a lot of fun and craziness. I am excited to help out though. Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Davis