Sunday, July 29, 2018

July 28, 2018: The Last Email

Hey Family!


Well, I guess the time has finally come. 


But, anyways this was a good week! We have been working hard and things are going well. We will have a baptism today which will be really awesome. It is the baptism of Luise. She is Cida´s daughter and wants to be baptized right now. We have followed them up quite a bit this week. We also had some meetings about the transfer with President Biddulph. 

Friday was weird. I got to spend the day with Elder Castlemain because he is going home today. He got to go home a few days earlier. His brother will leave on his mission next Tuesday. So he got permission to leave earlier to be able to see him beforehand. So, Yesterday we went to some places in Salvador and bought some souvenirs and stuff. It was pretty fun. Then, that night we had a last dinner with Pres Biddulph for Elder Castlemain. It was a great little meeting. It was a weird sensation though. We didn´t do missionary work and we felt like we were doing something wrong... but, it wasn´t. It is so hard to explain. haha

Anyways, I think that this email will be pretty short. I will see you guys in less than a week anyways. I am very excited to see you all but very sad to leave this amazing country. I love Brasil. I have loved my mission. 


It was literally the best 2 years OF my life. I will have so many great memories. I wish that everyone could have the same experience. The mission is so great. I am so thankful for how much my testimony has grown and how much more knowledge I have now. I know that God lives. I have had so many experiences with Him. I cannot deny it. I know this is Christ´s true church. I know the Book of Mormon is truly the Word of God. I know that through following Christ and living the principles of the Gospel, we can and will encounter true happiness. 


Love,
Elder Davis

P.S. Accidentally left my camera in the apartment... I will have to just show you the pictures and videos in a bit.

Sent from a Dell computer in Brasil