Thursday, June 28, 2018

June 23, 2018: Two Whole Whoppers

HELLO ALL

Well my dear readers, this week was pretty crazy to tell you the truth. Monday was the first day of the new transfer. So, we had to answer calls all day from missionaries and help them to know where they are going and what they should do to go to their new areas. First off though, We went to President´s house and had a Logistics meeting. So we had to figure out when all the missionaries would travell and who would come to the meetings in the week. Then after, we ended up going to the office to pass all of the transfer to the Zone leaders. It was really crazy. My new companion is Elder Antunes. He is from São Paulo and is a funny guy. He and Elder Rallsion got called as APs and Elder Gomes was transferred to Bom Jesus da Lapa; a new area. So at the moment we have 3 Aps and basically it is my job to train them on what they should do. 

Tuesday, we had the new missionaries arrive. So we gave trainings to them and to the Trainers. That took the whole day. It was a good meeting though. I was a little under the weather though. I am all better now, but my sinuses were going crazy.

We did a service project last week. I forgot to talk about it in my email last week. But, yeah we helped a member shovel a bunch of dirt for some reason. 




Wednesday, was a normal day. It was actually super cool. I was with Elder Antunes and Elder Gomes. (Elder Gomes only went to his area after the Mission Council... So he had to stick with us.)
It was going well. We taught some great lessons and were having a good time. We had already planned to visit certain people. However, at 4;00 I got a text from a random number saying, "Elder, I was waiting for you to call to mark a visit but you didn´t call. I finished 1 and 2 Nephi and stopped in Jacob." That took me by surprise. SO I called the number and..... It was Cida! (The family of investigators that need to get married) I marked to visit her that night. We got there and taught her. It was a great simple lesson. When we talked about what she had read, she told us that while she was at work she put on the Book of Mormon and listened to it. She loved it! She told us that during that day, while she was listening to it, she felt that 'Certanty' that it is true. I got so happy for her! I had been praying and fasting that she could get an answer from God! Now they need to just get married. She said that they are thinking about it and are willing to prepare all the documents while they do so. Anyways that was really cool and I am super happy with the progress that she has made. 

Thursday, we had a meeting with President Bangerter from 11:00 AM - 6:00 PM. It was pretty crazy. We planned the Mission Council and a bunch of other stuff for when our new misison president will arrive. During the meeting, we took a break to eat lunch. We went to Burger King. President told us we could get whatever. So I got a Whopper Furioso Combo. It was pretty tasty. After everyone finished eating, President asked if any of us was still hungry and would like more. Everyone just looked at me... lol. I guess they new that I was still a little hungry. I just smiled and we all laughed and accepted and president when and asked for 5 more whopper combos. haha I felt like I was at home with the family. It reminded me of when we go to JCW´s sometimes. haha After the meeting, we went to the office and prepared all the materials for the council. That finished off the night. haha


Friday, we had the mission council. It was great. I was super tired in the morning though. So, for the first training I was kind of out of it. After lunch though, the trainings went well. It was a sad council at the end though. It was sad to basically have everyone say goodbye to President. He is a great guy. I may have gotten some hay fever during the meeting because my eyes started watering. 

But, yeah that was the week my friends. I have been preparing a talk for tomorrow at church. I will talk about Missionary Work. While preparing, I read a quote from Joseph Smith that really touched me. It said that Love isn´t just caring for oneself or just one´s family. But, it is caring for and ministering to the families around  you too. I think that is really true and important. In missionary work or Ministering, we are to love everyone! To be One, United, in Harmony with those around us. I know that is what the Savior would do. That is what we must do. I love you all! See who you can love this week!

Love,
Elder Davis