Monday, November 6, 2017

November 5, 2017: Eventful Week

Hello Hello Hello

Wow... I need to use the bathroom. But, there isn´t one here in the LanHouse. That´s just great. 

hahahaha This was a great week meus queridos. Things are going well here in Conquista. 
Unfortunatley my companion has been quite sick so he has been bedridden basically. We still were able to work a bit. But it is hard to have to stay home. So basically the whole start of the week was like that. Today he is still a little sick but he is getting better. hahah We went to the Hospital yesterday because President thought it might´ve been Dengue (Dang) (I don´t know how to say it in english) They did tests the whole day but the doctors told us that he doesn't have any sickness according to their tests.  But while he was sick I watched 17 miracles and MAN I just teared up at every miracle that happened.  haha I don´t know what´s happening to me. I wasn't like that at home. lol haha I love that movie! It is so powerful. I am so grateful for the pioneers. I think when I get home it would be cool to do a big Pioneer sculpt as a tribute to them. 


Friday morning I went to Poções to do splits. It was great! It was an awesome experience. I love those elders. We taught a few lessons and also I had to do the baptismal interview for them. It was great. I love doing them. It is awesome to see the testimonies that the people have gained through prayer and the Book of Mormon. We also went and cleaned up the baptismal font because it was full of dirt. haha There were a ton of toads in the city too!! There were tons in the road flattened like paper. We also found one at the Chapel! haha Then I left there at like 9:40 pm and got home around 11:00. There was a little confusion and I was locked out of the house for like 40 minutes. haha I was yelling their names to open the door down below but they didn´t hear me and their phone had died. But, in the end everything worked out beautifully. haha

Things here are going great! Our area is progressing very well. We have been able to apply the 'Dia do Senhor' in our lessons to bring people to church. I really enjoy teaching the lesson. Our investigators have really gotten the vision of the importance of living this principle. We had a great experience relating to Fasting. We decided to fast for one of our investigators that was close to baptism. She was nervous with the idea of baptism and beforehand didn´t even want to talk about it. We fasted for her this weekend and taught her on Sunday. She felt the spirit and committed to be baptized this Saturday. Honestly, without God´s help it wouldn´t have happened that smoothly. It was a testimony-strengthening experience of the power of Fasting. I know the Lord is looking out for us and helping us every step of the way.


ALSO, I got to watch the new video that the church released on the first vision. IT IS SOOOOOO AWESOME. WATCH IT. Link to First Vision Movie  You guys will love it! Super powerful. It is such an important moment and is critical for us to always remember it and strengthen our testimonies of the truthfullness of these events. Love you all! Have a great week! Watch the first vision video!!! 

Love,
Elder Davis