Monday, November 27, 2017

November 27, 2017: Transfer, Sewage, Dead Dog, Uh yeah.



HEY YÀLL,

Man... that is really sad... I can´t do the Yáll abreviation. IT just puts the little thingy above the 'A'. haha Man. Well...  Darn. 

How are you all doing?
Greatest DAB Ever!
I am doing great!! This was a great week. It was the last week of the transfer. SO we finished things up here and worked hard. My comp is being transferred and my new companion is Elder Semedo. He is from Cape Verde, Africa.

Anyways, this week was legit. We had some cool highlights.
Tuesday was the best day of work. We worked super hard and taught a ton of lessons. It was awesome. We were able to find some new families to teach. 

Yes, I am smiling by a dead dog!  It was like some weird witchcraft stuff was going on because next to the dead dog therewas a dead chicken, dead fox, and a dead cat..... Pretty weird.
On Wednesday, We went and ate hamburgers at night while we were on splits with the elders from Itapetinga. IT was pretty sweet. We bought the biggest, juiciest, most expensive hamburger they had. It was really tasty. BUT it wasn´t big enough. SO we were still hungry after. haha But it was fun. 

BIGGEST, Juicest, Most Expensive (But not filling) Hamburger!


Thursday was another crazy fun day. SO we had to prepare to do splits in Poçoes. So I was going to go that night with Elder Cassiano who had served there a year ago. He wanted to visit some people that he knew there. So we were planning on going that night at like 10;30. It was the last bus that would take us there. BUT things didn't go as planned. Because, I was invited to be a judge in a giant activity. It was a mock "Master Chef" for an English learning school. It was a way to celebrate Thanksgiving. So everyone was put into groups. They prepared their tables, decorated them, and brought main dishes from different countries. They wanted the judges to be people who speak English. So a friend of a member asked if I could help out. We went there and I was one of the judges. haha It was so cool. I just went around with the other judges and ate food. Dream job. Then I just gave them a score from 1-10.  It was a great time, but the activity started late and went super long. SO we finished at like 10:20. So we just went home.

"Master Chef" Activity:)
The next morning we woke up early and took a bus to Poçoes. There I went and did some baptismal interviews and did splits with the Elders. It was a lot of fun. THe worst part was when I stepped in like black POOPYmud. I got my brown shoe completely covered in this poopy sewage... It was bad. All the flies went and swarmed around my food. But at one of the investigators houses we asked for a water and I washed it all out. It took a while to come out. But now it´s all good. haha 

Sewage Shoe
THOSE were the highlights of the week. It was a great week. I also had the opportunity to give a 10 min talk in sacrament meeting. It was pretty cool. I focused on 3 Nephi when Christ appears to the people. He establishes his church and teaches many things unto the people. After in chapter 19 the people went out and preached that to all the surrounding areas and gathered up soooo many people that they had to be separated into 12 groups. I related the ward or us to the people in 3 Nephi 11.  Christ has restored his church and brought us sooo many blessings as in the times of old. Now it is our time to be like the people and spread the gospel to others! It was pretty fun. Unfortunately the pulpit didn´t rise electronically... SO I had to bend down a bit the whole talk... haha 

But, I love you all! thanks for all your letters! SHare the gospel like the Nephites! Be a Light to the World! #Sejaaluzdomundo

Love
Elder Davis