Monday, August 14, 2017

August 14, 2017: Zone Conference


HEY everyone! 

I hope everyone is doing well! haha

This was a quick week!!! AND unfortunately, I don't have too much to talk about to you guys. 
"Road of the Mormons"
BUT LETS GET STARTED

Monday we played volleyball and I DESTROYED... hahha The net was pretty low or I was pretty tall, But it was super easy to spike down on everybody. So my team kept winning. Pretty great. haha I like volleyball but I wish I would've learned how to actually play correctly when I was younger. 

Lasagna at a members
Family Night
Tuesday was a normal day..We taught some people, had some good lessons, and prepared for the Zone Conference. We had 8 elders sleep over at our house for the conference. PRETTY NUTS. haha on Wednesday we had the Zone Conference. IT was good. A little long... but good! haha We had to give training as the Zone Leaders. My comp just wrote everything down and President and I taught how to give baptismal dates in the way he wants. It was good! I enjoy giving training.

Cool light thing
The other highlight of the week was the service project we did! ON Friday we helped a family clear out a bunch of dirt and stuff and help build the house a little more. BUT, while the other elders were doing that, the lady had me sculpt a sculpture of Hulk for her son that is coming home from a mission. I gladly did that instead of  hard labor. haha I was doing it and the lady passed by and saw the sculpt and started crying because she was so thankful. Super cool. She couldn't stop thanking me for helping her. I guess she was super stressed about all the stuff she had to do before he got home. I am almost done with the sculpt. When I finish I will send a picture to you guys. 

Dog drinking Coke haha
I also had a cool spiritual experience. I reread the first vision and it really hit me. The importance of this message and this work. I love this work and I know that Joseph Smith really was a prophet of God.  I love you all!

Love,
Elder Davis