Monday, February 6, 2017

February 6, 2017: Little Boy

HELLO

How´s it going everyone? This week was another great week. I´m loving it out here. We taught a lot of great lessons, helped out many people, and had two baptisms. One baptism was Carol, a young girl whose mom is inactive, which was great, we are working on reactivating her mother and the baptism definitely helped. The other was Greice. She has been an investigator for a while and the only thing impeding her from being baptized was marriage. She had been living with a guy for 7 years and they had a kid. But, they started having problems because he wasn´t really helping in the relationship. Then one night, he came home really drunk and trouble happened, and she ended up calling the police and kicking him out. The next visit, she told us that she wants to be baptized. She has such a strong testimony of the church, it was a cool experience. 

I guess not talking english is getting to me, haha I am forgetting a lot of simple ways people usually respond to stuff. For example, my companion is  learning english with me and he asks me a lot of questions. Sometimes, I just forget.. haha I don´t know if I already told you guys but we were bearing our testimonies to each other before leaving the house. He does it in English. He stopped because he didnt know the word in english, so he said "We need to aplicar?" I said yeah that´s right. He didn´t really believe me, but I honestly believed that aplicar was a word in english. The word he was looking for was apply. We figured that out later... haha It was funny though.

Sculpt I started with some really really crappy plant/pot clay!

Alrighty on to the reason this email is named `Little Boy´ So  there is this little 3 year old in the ward that is waaay cool. AND he LOVES me. He sits up on the stand with his dad who is in the bishopric (kinda weird, a little distracting) And yesterday I was sitting down on one of the benches and he just starts calling for me and trying to get my attention. He didn´t yell super loud, he just talked quietly saying "hey.... hey...... hey...... hey...." hahah I  was trying to just focus. And other times during the meeting, he was just staring at me and smiling... then that progressed into him having a kissy face while staring at me... hehe. I don´t know if I already mentioned but a week ago he technically kissed me...hahaha. It was more like he gave me CPR than a kiss though so I wasn´t sure, but it was still SUPER AWKWARD. This little boy has a crush on me...hahaha

Well that basically sums up the week. I just gotta say, I have really realized how powerful a testimony is. Our  testimonies are our most powerful  weapon. We have to guard it close to our hearts and continue to nourish our testimonies everyday! So if your testimony is weak, make a goal to strengthen it this week. Love you all!!! Always strive to become a better disciple of Christ!

Love,
Elder Davis