Tuesday, January 2, 2018

January 2, 2018: Feliz Ano Novo!!

OLA!!!! TUDO BEM?!

How are you all? 

Wow... It feels like I only talked with you guys last year! 
Merry Christmas!!!
Well this has been a great week. First off, it was super great to be able to see you guys!!!! Yeah skype was great. Loved it. Yeah. That was great. Yep. Don´t need to say anything else. hahaah

Skyping with the Family on Christmas Day!
WELLLLLL let´s see so I don´t have that much time.... because yeah we have to hurry on this email so we can get back to work today.

Let´s see this week was great.... I guess like we said in the skype we have been playing basketball a lot. So I like that. It is super great. Love playing basketball. It really helps wake us up and stuff. BUUUT, for the whole week it has been rough because I have been pretty sick. Like I have a nasty cough.... So that sucks. But, it is getting better... haha I think. 


Also this week we have worked hard and found some great families. We found one that most of the family are members but they aren´t active. So we have been working hard with them to help them get active once again. We have had quite a few bible bashes with the 14 year old daughter though. It was pretty weird. haha. She kept trying to argue with everything we taught. But, it didn´t work. We still taught and she could´nt find an error in our lesson. But it was kinda annoying at times... hahaha
I was going on splits with another Elder and we knocked on doors and one person let us in and when we got in his house, he called his family to listen to the lesson and two ladies walked in wearing churchy clothes. I introduced myself and then one of the lady said "I´m PASTORA Eliane" She said it really haughtily. AND THE BIBLE BASH STARTED...... hahaha It was pretty great. Took forever. But, I just wanted to get out of that house!!!! But she wouldn´t let us and said that we believe in the doctrine of men and blah blah blah. Then at the end, she did a prayer with us and asked Jesus to bless us to get out of our church and all that stuff. It was pretty great. Loved that prayer..... hahahaah


So basically, we are working hard and having a good time. The transfer is next week, so we will have to see what happens. I think that I will leave this area though. 


I was listening to the Joseph Smith paper´s podcast. It was pretty sweet. It talked about what other people wrote and said about their first thoughts of Joseph Smith. It was SUUUPER interesting. It´s interesting to hear what they said. I think it was really cool that either the people said suuuper good things about him and proclaimed that he was a prophet of God. OR they said super rude, terrible things about him. So it was the two extremes. Which, follows the law of opposition. AND it is just like what people said of our Savior. The said that he was either The Christ or that he has evil spirits and didn´t do miracles. So I feel like that is proof that Joseph was a prophet. That he really was a man of God. I hope all that makes sense..... 

Have a great WEEK!

Love,


Elder Davis