Monday, June 18, 2018

June 16, 2018: Good Evening

GOOD EVENING MY DEAR FAMILY,

Sadly, today I don´t have much time. AND frankly, I don´t really feel like writing at the moment. BUT, I will do it for you guys. 

Alright, I just sat up in the chair and man, good posture goes a long way. I am totally pumped to write you guys now. So this week was pretty sweet. It was a little crazy. Elder Gomes, the other AP, was travelling with the President to some other Zone Conferences. So, I was in a trio with my comp and his companion, Elder Rallison. It was a good experience. We just had to follow up investigators from both the areas. It was kinda hard to follow up on certain people. But, we worked hard and walked a lot. So it all worked out. Elder Rallison and Elder Lucas are great friends, which made things a little complicated during the week. The started goofing off a little bit too much and they began to lose the Spirit of the work. But, we ended up figuring all that out. 

We worked really hard this week and had some cool experiences. I think that one of the coolest parts was teaching our investigator and her family. Her name is Cida and is really cool. She isn´t married with her husband but they have 2 children. They are a great family and we have been teaching them for some time now. However, she was still searching for her answer and didn´t want to get married. We went to her house on Wednesday and we taught about the Law of Chastity with a focus on marriage. During the whole lesson, she was joking a lot and said some things about what she things about marriage. She said she is not at all willing to get married to him. But, then after most of the lesson she got all serious and asked, "Who sent you here?" We were kind of confused because we had marked the lesson with her. Then she explained that her husband and her and been talking about getting separated. She said that she had been praying to God about it the whole week and we just happened to teach her about marriage the day she was most frustrated about the situation. She told us that she was feeling that her burden was too heavy to bear. I remembered what I studied that morning, which was about the people that were imprisoned by the lamanites and had burdens that were difficult to carry. But, I studied about it in Preach my Gospel and couldn´t find the exact chapter that talked about it. I asked my companion and he was able to tell me right away because it is what he ended up studying that day too! We had no idea. But, we read it with her and it was really cool. She loved it and it really helped her learn what she needs to do to follow God´s will. So pray for them! I hope that they will be able to have the disposition to get married so I might be able to be there for it before I go home. 

We also taught about temples to another lady. She is an investigator from the other area.  It was a great lesson. She has a similar problem. She lives with a guy, isn´t married, and has 2 kids. She wants to get married and be baptized. However, he doesn´t want any of it. She loved it and it gave her an even stronger desire to be baptized. At the end, she asked if she could still get sealed to her family if her husband doesn´t get baptized.... So that was kind of sad. But, we explained about it and told her that we will work with him on it. 

Well, I was gonna write some more but I have to go right now. We have an appointment in just a bit. I love you all. Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Davis